Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross may be in limited in Bengals training camp
(07-25-2017, 05:57 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I've recently had a lot of contact with orthopedic surgeons, and the general rule is of the three main joint surgeries, knees, hips and shoulders, the most difficult is the shoulder.  Toughest rehab of them all.

Interestingly, the best recovery rate belongs to the hip, and second is the knee.

There are successful shoulder surgeries all the time, it's just the toughest rehab, and you know Ross will be working hard at it.

I had my shoulder rebuilt last year.  Full thickness tear in rotator cuff, torn labrum, severed supraspinitis, shredded bicep tendon.  As well as many bone spurs and scar tissue to be "cleaned up".  I'm a middle aged strength competitor, but some of those can be traced back to my football days, as a young man.  Now, I'm 48, and it's been 11 months since surgery, and I'm just now getting back to 90% power in some movements.  The rehab process is long and arduous.  In order to make a successful and full recovery, you have to make it your life for a while.  Now, John Ross has youth on his side.  And from what I understand, his surgery was pretty minor in scope, compared to the lifetime of damage that I had repaired.  So, assuming that he was/is fully dedicated to his rehab, I think his prospects of playing are pretty high.

(07-26-2017, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or Cody Core's...

I think Malone is quite a bit further behind Core on the learning curve.  I just hope Core is back 100%.  No offense to LaFell, but the offense is different with Core or Ross out there with AJ.  

I'm a fan of Cody Core.  He has put in the offseason work to make that 2nd year emergence.  Let's just hope that he gets his reps to show how much he's grown.

(07-26-2017, 04:37 PM)Earendil Wrote: I can totally believe this.  I tore my rotator cuff when I was 23 and went from being able to throw a softball from the left field corner to home plate without a hop to barely getting it back to the infield.

I feel for you.  I'm almost a year removed from surgery.  Can exert some movements as good as I ever could, still feeling "rehabish" in some others.  I know part of my problem is metabolic slow down associated with middle age, working against me.  Hope you get your throwing ability back, sooner or later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross may be in limited in Bengals training camp - SunsetBengal - 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM