Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priebus resigns; Gen. John Kelly new CoS
(07-30-2017, 07:48 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Dill, what exactly is Drumph's message? As near as I can tell, everything he said he was going to do during his Nazi rally's he pretty much lied about them and didn't do anything. All the old white Repubs in congress hate his guts but are too scared to buck him because they are worried about getting elected. Seems to me Drumph's message is "look at me and how great I am".

I agree. The SHOW is the message. Trump being Trump. Talking tough and firing people. Meeting heads of state at mar a lago. And the continuing rallys and references to "crooked Hillary's emails" reliving the campaign.

Pundits and policy wonks can identify "promises" like the wall and the Muslim ban, which I guess are a sort of agenda, but they cannot discern any policy and the Trump team cannot seem to articulate one that originates from Trump. (He appears to support the Ryan Budget.) I disagreed with the Bush doctrine, but at least there was a doctrine. Trump seems to just feel out what the crowd responds to, then says what they like, not matter how impractical or cruel. Hence the inconsistencies.

There are some private agendas mixed in with this. He wants to undo whatever Obama did, if possible. He wants to punish the socialites and Hollywood types who don't invite him to their parties anymore. That is how it looks anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Priebus resigns; Gen. John Kelly new CoS - Dill - 07-30-2017, 12:42 PM