Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great News! (Bernard ready for camp)
(07-31-2017, 09:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: I start wondering if one of the HB's are traded for some O line help if they all make it through the preseason healthy. I know the obvious choice would be Hill, but don't sleep on it being Gio. We basically have duplicate skill sets in Mixon and Gio, plus Gio has a decent size contract on the books. If you can resign Hill cheaply (HB Market cratered in off season), he would still be a top back up in the league. Gio could probably bring you a good, but maybe a little older, O Lineman if a teams starter goes down over the next couple week.

Not saying it is likely to happen, but realistically we can't split carries three ways and think any back will truly get into a groove.

I think Hill would be the one traded. I don't see the team jettisoning Gio off one year after giving him an extension. We know how this team feels about dead money, and Gio would carry a $2.2 million hit. I could see us trading Hill for an OL that's on the roster bubble at the end of camp. Although, I agree that a trade is unlikely.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great News! (Bernard ready for camp) - Bengal Dude - 07-31-2017, 04:15 PM