Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump administration backs new immigration proposal
(08-03-2017, 09:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: And I think their argument that "speaking English" is a requirement for citizenship means nothing.  They can learn English and become a citizen, that should be obvious.  That is not a logical reason to tie it to immigration.

If your looking for least resistance into assimilation, what they are going for, then being able to speak English from the start would be the best way to do it. Like I said I don't agree with it, but it makes more logical sense that speaking English is a reasonable expectation than saying those very same highly skilled English speaking immigrants won't be taking jobs. To be fair it is technically already a requirement, but there is a waiver. There is also a language requirement for citizenship in most countries, so it really isn't radical.

I'm trying a new approach to Trump topics. I am going to look for some positives in things to try and give a more balanced starting point for discussion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump administration backs new immigration proposal - Au165 - 08-03-2017, 09:27 AM