Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump administration backs new immigration proposal
(08-03-2017, 09:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: If your looking for least resistance into assimilation, what they are going for, then being able to speak English from the start would be the best way to do it. Like I said I don't agree with it, but it makes more logical sense that speaking English is a reasonable expectation than saying those very same highly skilled English speaking immigrants won't be taking jobs. To be fair it is technically already a requirement, but there is a waiver. There is also a language requirement for citizenship in most countries, so it really isn't radical.

I'm trying a new approach to Trump topics. I am going to look for some positives in things to try and give a more balanced starting point for discussion.

Anyone who is coming here for a job probably already knows the language, correct.

And it is a requirement for citizenship.

But the Administration's argument that saying all immigrants need to speak English to come here is radical.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump administration backs new immigration proposal - GMDino - 08-03-2017, 09:42 AM