Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-19-2015, 02:31 PM)Benton Wrote: I used to know several people from southeast Asia. According to them, it's fairly common in some of their cultures to have kids and have them reared by the grandparents. One girl I knew had three kids, all back home. I was pretty surprised; I thought we were the only culture that had kids and dumped them off on our parents (at least, that seems to be the trend the last couple decades). She said it wasn't so much dumping off, it was just expected. You have kids, you go work to support the family (grandparents and kids included), then when you retire, you raise your grand kids.

That's actually very efficient if you think about it. A shame that our society could never make it work in the way that they do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated - Belsnickel - 05-19-2015, 02:51 PM