Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison soccer team endures criticism because players have short hair
(08-07-2017, 01:03 PM)Vlad Wrote: Here we go again, an article written twisted in order to produce another class of victims. 

You're being subjective. There is not one line in this article that states grown men and women can't accept girls with short hair.

This is obviously a very good girls team...A girls team so good that their short hair styles makes opposing parents and coaches to question their gender....that is the way this piece should be presented.
Boys and girls at that age have similar anatomies.

So which line states that in 2017 people don't accept girls having short hair?

"They say, 'They're too good. They move like boys..."

.... a Nebraska girl whose youth soccer team claimed it was disqualified from a tournament because organizers thought she was a boy.

an opposing coach came up to Duffy and said it looked like she had boys playing for her team.

"People have said they're afraid their daughter is going to get hurt playing against boys,"

Mellow

Quote:Molly Duffy, coach of the team the last two years, remembers holding a meeting at which parents voiced concern about people commenting on their short-haired daughters. She took it with a grain of salt.

"I thought this honestly can't really happen," Duffy said. "I didn't take their warning as serious as I probably should have."

Quote:In June, the 56ers were touched by the story of a Nebraska girl whose youth soccer team claimed it was disqualified from a tournament because organizers thought she was a boy. The girl, Mili Hernandez, just wanted to have short hair like Wambach.

The incident caught national media attention, including Wambach's and former USWNT soccer star Mia Hamm's, who both spoke out publicly on the matter.

The 56ers sent letters to Hernandez with "be you" written all over. 

The entire article was about how opposing parents thought they were boys because of their hair.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madison soccer team endures criticism because players have short hair - GMDino - 08-07-2017, 01:48 PM