Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-08-2015, 08:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I agree with your stance on abortion.  I ave said, repeatedly, that it is a horrible, horrible decision and if a woman has made that decision I cannot imagine the anguish she went through and will go through in the future.

I too wish there was no such thing.

However...

The group that usually want to ban all abortions also wants:  1) No sex education 2) No easy access to birth control in any form 3) No social services for children of poor parents.

They want "personal responsibility" they say.  Unless its taking the personal responsibility to be on birth control or to decide on an abortion.

And the even sadder part is I don't think 3/4 of those politicians who oppose really care except it helps get them votes.  Period.

Indeed. I have said, also repeatedly, that banning abortions will really do nothing. We need better sex and reproduction education, better access to reproductive health care (including birth control), better maternity leaves, and better social services (to help facilitate prenatal and potential adoptions). Those things will lower abortion rates more than making them illegal will.

Proactive rather than reactive. Stopping the problem from happening rather than fixing it after it has happened.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Belsnickel - 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM