Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-08-2015, 08:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The mother is not having her liberties restricted by the fetus. If it was illegal to drink or smoke or do what ever that would be a denial of liberty by the government, because it's putting another individuals life over petty escapes and vices.

Which is actually my initial point, all the way back to the beginning. That the government should not be putting the rights of one over the rights of another, and making abortion illegal does that. I admit that the embryo/fetus does not actively deny the liberty, but it is the cause of it. In the world where abortion is illegal a woman's liberty becomes immediately restricted upon gaining an unwanted pregnancy.

Anyway, this is just going to continue going round and round with no end in sight and I'm pretty bored with it. Have a good evening.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Belsnickel - 08-08-2015, 08:48 PM