Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
I think the courts have it right so far. If a fetus can not survive outside pof the womb then it is not an individual. Instead it is still just part of the mothers body. That is why they limit aborion to before the third trimester.

It is a very complicated issue, but that seems like the right decision to me. I don't see any way you can give individualrights to a thing that can not live as an individual.

No matter how muct care or support is provided to a fetus outside it usually can not survive outside of the womb until the third trimester. Since it is impossible for it to live even with the most modern machines to assist it then it really can't be viewd as an individual worthy of rights greater than that of the host mother.

There are still lots of issues to argue about regarding late term abortions, but as far as a fetus having individual rigths greater than those of its host mother I don't think it is proper to give individual rights to something that is impossible to be kept alive as an individual seperate from the mother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - fredtoast - 08-08-2015, 09:38 PM