Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Military Plans Bombing Strikes On North Korea
(08-11-2017, 07:24 PM)samhain Wrote: Being in position to strike is one thing, attacking is another. It would be incredibly stupid to attack them for anything short of an attempt to strike us first. The blood of Japan and South Korea would be on our hands almost immediately after any preemptive strike.

Maybe your average American couch general with zero need for diplomacy or measured geopolitics doesn't care about Tokyo or Seoul. I mean, Murica!, right? If it costs a few hundred thousand of them other yeller fellers, it probably won't bother your average red-blooded know-nothing warhawk that's ready to put a boot in someone's ass.

In reality, the repercussions worldwide would be even more crippling than the initial war. It would exponentially escalate tensions with China and Russia, who has specifically warned the US to leave Pyongyang alone. Would they stand by while it happened? I'd rather not find out the hard way. No doubt we'd win a war vs NK. How would we fare against two serious military powers with resources near or (combined) equal to our own? Is that what we want? Nuclear war sound like fun to the Toby Keith's out there?

Even if we did manage to strike and avoid WWIII or global nuclear conflict, the economic impact would likely be catastrophic. South Korea and Japan both possess top 10 world economies. You may think killing everyone on the Korean peninsula and a few thousand in Japan would have no effect on your life, but you'd soon find out that you're dead wrong.

Fun fact... I remember seeing Toby Keith interviewed on the old Colbert Report years ago. He's a Democrat.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Military Plans Bombing Strikes On North Korea - jason - 08-11-2017, 10:06 PM