Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-12-2017, 06:32 PM)jason Wrote: I like firearms as much the next red blooded American, and I'm not sure how the whole permits for this protest, and enforcement of them works.... But it seems like a shady idea to allow that anywhere around an event that people are showing up to with motorcycle helmets, bottles filled with cement, and noxious chemicals of all sorts. I may be overreacting, but this is a piss poor reflection of where we are as a society at the moment. All of those bullshit flags waiving, and the savage behavior on both sides is truly disturbing.

Virginia is an open carry state. In the Commonwealth of Virginia you can purchase a firearm without any sort of license. A background check occurs, but the only record of what you purchased is maintained by the dealer. There are no restrictions on what you can purchase and you are allowed to carry it out of the store with you, loaded, out in the open. Other than specific government property or private property where it is posted as prohibited, you can carry your firearm anywhere you please. So they were perfectly within the law.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Belsnickel - 08-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM