Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-13-2017, 10:52 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: While there was an angry crowd around the klans cross on Fountain Square at Christmas, there were never any punches thrown even when the klan posted sentries. There were calls to remove the cross and it was knocked down a few times. The city never removed it and the way they handled the situation was to deny all display permits. I don't know if the city allows displays downtown or not but it defused the situation.

I am of the belief that in this country it is all or none. 
You want religion taught in public schools? Then you must allow all religion taught in public schools.
You want to allow one march protest for a cause? You must then allow all to march and protest.

You can not pick and choose. You take the good with the bad. You can not allow a Civil Rights march then deny the Nazi march. You allow one, you allow them all.

Agreed.

I just can't believe how many DEFEND the Nazi's and their beliefs.  That's the part that boggles my mind.

I also think that any group marching should expect protesters.  But violence is never the right call.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - GMDino - 08-13-2017, 10:55 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM