Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity'
(07-27-2017, 04:43 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Gender Dysphoria is no longer considered a mental illness per the most recent version of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5, published 2013) published by the American Psychiatric Association. It states specifically:

This is a change from previous versions where it was considered a disorder. But it is no longer. The same thing happened to various other conditions such as homosexuality (1974) and pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder (1987).

When I was young, we used to be taught that things like homosexuality and gender dysphoria were mental illnesses. Now that I am older, I can look back and see that a lot of harm was done to people with these conditions by this labeling.

I understand where they are getting at that the flaw is more in the prejudice than the the actual disorder but I also think that putting your body through extensive surgery to radically change it shows something is a little off. Less like Homosexuality and more like people thay go through extensive pastic surgery for BDD. 

I don't think Transgender should be banned, but I do believe they should have to get a medical waiver to join like I had to for my ADD ( in 2003 that wasn't easy lol).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Synric - 08-14-2017, 02:39 AM