Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-14-2017, 05:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think the difficulty is how to determine motive. When they call events like Charlottesville a success, and based on some of the online activity, you have to look at them and see when you can start saying they are intending to incite the violence. I know it's a difficult thing to prove, and a fine line to walk with free speech, but we have to figure this out as a society.

I agree.  We need to, as a nation, state that any violence at political rallies will be met with an immediate response from law enforcement.  It's a catch 22 for local PD's, they don't want to be perceived as jack boots shutting down political rallies.  The problem is, as usually happens, is that the pendulum has swung way too far into non-interference, as we saw at Berkeley.  All it would take would be one decisive crack down by law enforcement and this kind of thing would stop happening.  Right now inaction by law enforcement has emboldened both sides to more extreme action.  I wasn't being insensitive when I said a death was inevitable given the way things have been going.  We need to be a little more tolerant of law enforcement and stand behind them when they have to deal with this kind of incident.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM