Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
I got an email from a colleague at UVA, today. This was information shared in a staff meeting and has been spread throughout the university:

Quote: (1) Apparently on Friday night there was a "very low level" request for permission for a group of 20 people to read a speech at the Rotunda. This overture to the University was then bait-and-switched to the march with torches that circled Central Grounds. (2) During the white nationalists' intimidating march around Grounds, many UVA police officers were actually located downtown, where they had been seconded to support Charlottesville City police. (3) On Saturday, there were "several deliberate attempts to spread police thin" through tactics such as fake bomb scares in parts of town away from the main action. (4) By UVA policy, students and employees are prohibited from carrying firearms on Grounds, but by state law, because this is a public property, people with no University affiliation are allowed open carry without a permit and concealed carry with a permit. UVA can make policy enforceable on its own students and employees but not on the general public.

It should be noted, I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this, but there was a man that suffered a stroke after a clot dislodged from his punctured carotid that wa sa result of being hit with a flaming tiki torch in the neck by one of those "quiet" protesters on Friday night. Last I heard, he was still in the ICU at UVA. This could end up being a second victim from the weekend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Belsnickel - 08-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM