Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated"
(08-18-2017, 10:07 AM)Benton Wrote: Just a guess, but as someone who operates three news web sites, what probably happened is the original story was published according to the time stamp, was made inactive at some point (most likely while you were searching) and then reactivated.

It happens pretty often. A reporter/editor is in a rush to be the first, so they throw a story up. When they reread and catch an error or new information comes in that needs to be included, they take the story down while it's edited. It's not a conspiracy, it's just one aspect of online news — you can stop or restrict it to edit your story as needed.

And I wanted to say that they probably posted it and took it down but I didn't want people to start saying "Oh there you go with your conspiracy theories". I know that articles can be posted at a specific time but then later taken down and posted back up as a "new" article but really it was posted minutes/hours before but then taken down for editing or other reasons. But of course I can't  really prove that so I didn't want to be perceived as throwing around fake news.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated" - Matt_Crimson - 08-18-2017, 10:13 AM