Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court
(08-26-2017, 01:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Obama granted clemency to an unrepentant terrorist. Pardoning a person with a long history of public service doesn't look troubling in comparison. Or do you support terrorism?

Commutation for a crime saying "you did wrong, but you have suffered enough for it" is, to me, different than saying "you get a clean slate" to someone found guilty of violating a court order telling him to stop violating the 4th Amendment. I thought about this a good bit while in the shower this morning (best thinking done in the shower and on the shitter), and I would be with you had Obama granted a pardon to Manning. Even then, though, it would be a tough comparison because Arpaio was such a vocal political ally for Trump. This pardon tells us that Trump has no problems with violating the civil liberties of minorities, even the legal ones, and that he is deep into cronyism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court - Belsnickel - 08-26-2017, 07:33 AM