Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court
(08-26-2017, 02:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You did know about Manning. Wink

Only because of the amount of bitching that was done about it. I also have to admit that there was a tiny bit of me that wanted Manning to be pardoned to see Assange have to try to backpedal his way out of his promise.

(08-26-2017, 02:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I couldn't agree with you more.  My issue is that the outrage of many is highly selective.  I'll preface by saying I don't include you in this group.  If you use the criteria you lay out above then almost the entire Democratic state legislature in CA is guilty of this by blatantly saying they will ignore federal immigration law.  The pro tem of the state Senate, DeLeon, bragged about how has several undocumented family members in the US and is completely opposed to enforcing immigration law in CA.  To me, this is just as bad as Arapaio ignoring a court order he doesn't like and they all swore the same oath to the Constitution.

This is where I have so many issues. The law is the law, and it must be followed. If you look at a law and see it as unjust, then you work to fix that, but the law is to be followed. There is wiggle room when you look at spirit v. letter and a number of different avenues, but to outright say you are going to ignore it is doing a disservice to your people. People need to be more creative in their fights. I blame the brain drain that has occurred in our governments.

I'm for good government, first and foremost. If we don't have good government then any policies and programs we try to make happen are failing from the onset.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court - Belsnickel - 08-26-2017, 05:41 PM