Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross tries to cool expectations
(08-26-2017, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's bigger than Antonio Brown, and I think people don't realize that...

(08-26-2017, 09:38 AM)Synric Wrote: And Brown has proven he can take an NFL beating. That by no means proves Ross will. I sincerely hope he can...

OBJ, DJax, Brown and many other smaller WRs have proven they can take the "NFL beating" at that size. The point is that size is irrelevant. Big players can wind up being fragile. Small players can wind up being iron men. So stop bringing up the size as if it's a problem. He's not even small really...just smaller than what we're used to seeing with the Bengals.

(08-26-2017, 02:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I never understood why people thought he was so injury prone.

(08-26-2017, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: Because they have decided ahead of time not to like him and have to have some kind of reason for it, whether it is accurate or not.

Agreed. People made up their minds the moment he was drafted and had to justify their dislike somehow. We've seen it with other picks before. It's likely that most of the people who are constantly bashing his size and health history are just mad we didn't take their favorite prospect.

Granted, Ross' injuries did happen, but attributing them to his size is kinda silly, and the track record and seriousness has been exaggerated a bit (saying he has 2 balky knees, ignoring that he played through the shoulder). 

I liked the pick...a lot. But I'm keeping an open mind. The injuries are a concern, but not a reason to freak out before he's even touched the field. Judge him on what happens going forward.

To the OP, I don't see any issue with what Ross said. If you take it at face value, it could seem a little discouraging, but IMO he sounds like a guy who wants to earn the respect of his teammates and not look like Mr. Hotshot 4.22 rolling into town. He might be growing tired of being known by his 40 time too. The guy is human.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ross tries to cool expectations - SHRacerX - 08-25-2017, 09:29 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-25-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - 'E' - 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-26-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - 'E' - 08-26-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - Shake n Blake - 08-27-2017, 02:37 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:25 PM