Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals kicker battle update: Practice Yesterday- "Elliot still struggling..."
(08-19-2017, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Him and Urban, but Simmons has been great at his job for a long time.

I like Guenther too, he just hasn't had the time to really judge but Urban hasn't either and has done a great job.

If Zim is ever on his way out of Minni is still my fave to replace Marv but i do like all these guys.

I don't mean to derail this kicker thread, but I am very excited to see what Paulie G has in store for this year.  He FINALLY has that edge rusher (or three?) that he has been asking for.  He was very outspoken about the need for a guy that can get to the QB, and it doesn't matter if the guy is 7 feet tall or 6 feet tall.  He was basically saying, without directly saying it, stop giving me these clones and get a speed guy.  

If you remember, Zim tasked Paulie with designing the blitz packages that we used so infrequently.  He was also the guy that taught Burfict the position of WILL backer after being a MIKE his entire career.  The word was they pulled an all-nighter in a gym with chairs set up as position guys.  I would say he taught him well Wink

I think pretty highly of Paulie and think he falls victim to the Nixon syndrome at times.  Nixon debated the younger, more handsome Kennedy and those polled that watched on TV thought Kennedy won the debate and those that were polled that listened on the radio thought that Nixon won the debate.  Appearances matter, and I am not trying to sound like a douche but when Paulie sat next to Vance Jospeh in press conferences, Joseph was surely the more impressive looking and sounding when it came to the interview.  I think Paulie has the brains and the desire to make his defense the best in the league and now, I believe, he has the pieces to challenge that title.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals kicker battle update: Practice Yesterday- "Elliot still struggling...... - SHRacerX - 08-27-2017, 11:44 AM