Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-19-2015, 05:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://fortune.com/2015/02/05/paid-parental-leave-costs/

Just looked at the costs.... Seems a few states are already doing it...   The problems might be with unionized groups.   They already have insane amounts of time off.  

A mom should get 90 days and a dad 20-30.   At 50% pay.

50% pay? There are 6 countries in the world that do it at 50% pay for paid maternity leave, none pay lower if it is paid. Those six are: Somalia, Libya, Botswana, Nigeria, Central African Republic, and Paraguay.

Now, don't get me wrong, these countries at least have paid maternity leave, so that makes it slightly more shameful that this country doesn't. But I think if we were going to do paid maternity leave, even at a state level, maybe we could do better than those 6 countries.

Edit: My bad, add Cambodia to that list.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated - Belsnickel - 05-19-2015, 05:47 PM