Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(08-10-2015, 08:02 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: The entire point of my proposal is to get the costs of premiums down by only insuring catastrophic things.  Someone opined that the rates on those plans would increase, which I'm not sure how or why.  If it's solely by the insurance companies wanting to make up the money....okay, I guess that makes sense, but that would also dissuade people from purchasing those plans.  Either way the free market would be dictating the prices in my scenario, and I can live with the results of that.

Further, if insurance companies were out of regular doctor offices, that would also create competition for business.  Right now nearly nobody can tell you what they're charged for at a doctor's visit, aside from a co-pay.  Hell, most doctor's don't even know.  The medical coding associated with it all is costly, and who do you think pays for that increased cost?

Get that garbage out of the way.  Increase competition between doctor's offices looking to increase the number of patients that they see, and watch the prices of routine visits go down. 

As I said earlier, if you only insure catastrophic things, then the cost of catastrophic insurance will then go through the roof..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - SunsetBengal - 08-10-2015, 08:22 PM