Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former dean for for-profit, fraud filled college to head DOJ college fraud unit
(08-31-2017, 11:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.  State level protections would be fine.   I am sure people in every state share he same beliefs.    Do you actually think that there is a state that wouldn't have disability protections?

If the federal level is an indication, yes. One of the first things the current administration did was do away with online access to IDEA resources.

I'm all for doing more at the state level. Federal regulations should be a general framework. I don't think 'states first' folks realize, though, what the push for a lack of federal framework will cause for education. For poorer states and spread out states, it will result in quality people streaming out of their state. Those that are left will have substandard education options, which are heading in the direction of for profit. People with reduced incomes and options will be paying more to receive less. Meanwhile larger states like Florida, California, New York, Ohio will get flooded with young families moving for better educational opportunities. Most states already can't keep up with the infrastructure burdens they have, what's going to happen with tens of thousands of people migrate into some states due to better education systems and a more balanced protection under the law? 

For argument sake, if Mississippi suddenly does away with protections for handicap students — nut Florida doesn't — how would northern Florida cope with potentially an influx of hundreds of new students with special needs?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former dean for for-profit, fraud filled college to head DOJ college fraud unit - Benton - 08-31-2017, 12:56 PM