Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former dean for for-profit, fraud filled college to head DOJ college fraud unit
(08-31-2017, 02:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Common core is terrible.  My daughters bring home this homework and it's a joke.  Every math problem is now also an art project.  

One evening I will take a photo of this homework.

I don't understand most of what my daughter brings home in math. But she's been doing algebra for a couple years now and — according to the district (one of the only Blue Ribbon elementaries in the state) — she's doing math at a middle school level. My son (a high school junior) started last year on the stuff she's doing now.

It's crazy, but it works. In a couple years, she'll be doing math that I did in college. 

I used to complain along with the rest of the parents. Now I just shut up and let teachers teach. I don't care if I don't understand as long as she's getting results. And the results have been phenomenal. People fear what they don't understand. Which, unfortunately, gets in the way of people who know what they're doing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former dean for for-profit, fraud filled college to head DOJ college fraud unit - Benton - 08-31-2017, 03:11 PM