Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former dean for for-profit, fraud filled college to head DOJ college fraud unit
(08-31-2017, 02:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There wouldn't be a step based pay system if you negotiated yourself.  You would negotiate for you and everything would be on the table.   Sign a 3 year contract then negotiate again when it's about up.   It's a win win because you can bring up issues that are hurting your ability to teach and the school can address bad teachers by not renewing them.

Why does the union get to decide for you what you make every year you teach.   No matter how successful or terrible you are as a teacher?

In that case I would be working as a contractor not as a government employee, which would make things very different. With regards to performance determining pay, I don't teach all AP. I teach at risk students and those with disabilities. My measure of success is far different than the all AP teacher. My teaching style is also far different. It's hard to score a teacher, yet we just kind of know what good teaching looks like and what bad teaching looks like. I would much rather my job not be kissing ass so that an arbitrary scale to score my an determine my pay worked in my favor. I'd rather just teach. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former dean for for-profit, fraud filled college to head DOJ college fraud unit - BmorePat87 - 08-31-2017, 05:26 PM