Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont' discount the value of learning a skilled trade.
(09-01-2017, 09:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is it true that a civil engineer earns more than a land surveying technologist? And does a land surveyor technologist earn more than a construction worker? If so, why? And is an Associate's degree just a piece of paper like some claim a Bachelor's degree is?  Or is it a symbol representative of the knowledge and skills you acquired through advanced education that make you more knowledgeable and skilled compared to others without the advanced education?

Not sure what point you are trying to lead up to, but I'm not really seeing much of a correlation to anything in the article I posted in the OP.  The article claims a serious need for people in skilled trades.  I agreed, and stated that it was something that I have known for years.  Even went so far as to say that if I had to do things over again, I might have went straight to that path, rather than the one that led me where I am.

So, what point are you leading up to?  Are you trying to disprove the premise of the article?  Are you trying to show that I have no business supporting it, as I do possess a bachelor's degree?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont' discount the value of learning a skilled trade. - SunsetBengal - 09-01-2017, 10:09 AM