Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The consequences of jail over treatment
(09-01-2017, 10:38 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: While I am not trying to minimize your addiction.  And I'm not trying to say your struggle isn't real or hard and I understand the struggle you've endured in trying to give it up.  However it is a bit different than opiate addiction.  Don't get me wrong, I still believe that the best option for rehabbing someone is when they want to give it up.  When the cost has become to much is when it happens if it does.

That being said I think there are degrees of addiction so to speak.  I've known people that were alcoholics (and/or hooked on other things) but continue to smoke cigs.  Hey if there only vice is cigs, I'm ok with that vs the booze.  Don't get me wrong though I understand Tabaco is a tough thing to break.  

Oh, I know. My addiction is minor in the grand scheme of things and the physiological toll I took from it was nothing in comparison to what some others go through (I apparently wasn't even grumpy). But that main principle of having to want to is the key. I think that programs that provide people the tools and the conditions to come to the conclusion that they want to quit would be the most beneficial when used in conjunction with rehab.

This is just something I've read about when doing some policy research and it was really enlightening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The consequences of jail over treatment - Belsnickel - 09-01-2017, 10:41 AM