Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The consequences of jail over treatment
(09-01-2017, 10:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I know. My addiction is minor in the grand scheme of things and the physiological toll I took from it was nothing in comparison to what some others go through (I apparently wasn't even grumpy). But that main principle of having to want to is the key. I think that programs that provide people the tools and the conditions to come to the conclusion that they want to quit would be the most beneficial when used in conjunction with rehab.

This is just something I've read about when doing some policy research and it was really enlightening.

Like I've said I don't really disagree with you.  The ideal situation is when an individual WANTS to get clean.  Absolutely 100% agree on that.  However I do believe that some addictions are dangerous to society and forced treatment could be an option.  I just read an article in the USA Today about the subject I'll see if I can find it.   Sorry I still read an actual Newspaper, so I'll have to see if I can find it on-line.  lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: The consequences of jail over treatment - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-01-2017, 11:01 AM