Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont' discount the value of learning a skilled trade.
(09-01-2017, 02:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Definitely some interesting things to keep in mind. In all seriousness, this could be something I work on in the future regarding putting public policies in place for these sorts of things. I've had discussions about the future of driverless semis, but this has not been brought up in any extended way.

Yeah, we won't see the driverless trucks in cities for a long time. Not just for security, but because navigation would be trickier and would cause higher liability issues.

Even in our small town GPS would be awful.  There's a road to go the home of one of my son's friend.  GPS tells you to make a right on the street and his house is on the left.  And it is...but that is a one way street.  You have to go down and make the next left and another left.

And everyone who uses GPS to find our place of business ends up two towns over.  Out mailing zip code and business zip code are different than the actual zip code for the town we are in.   Smirk

Plus sometimes our shop is closed and gates are locked.  I wonder if a truck would just plow through it!! 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont' discount the value of learning a skilled trade. - GMDino - 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM