Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-01-2017, 02:49 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damnit. Hope this dosent turn into one of those drawn out injuries where they keep listing him as questionable and holding him back week after week. Anyone know if it was due to contact maybe defender twisted or hit the knee? If this was just from making a cut it's not a good sign.

So who takes his place in the meantime. Both Core and Malone can go deep. I wish we would use Erickson in the slot more. Anyway this sucks. Get well Ross.

It was on the play he had that 25 yard reverse. http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/John-Ross-evades-multiple-tacklers-on-wide-receiver-reverse/6cf305d1-280a-4aeb-80ce-eb1bc2f1087e

If I had to guess, I would say it was the tackle at the 21 second mark. Looked like his right knee buckled a tad too much at that angle. Luckily it wasnt worse though.

In terms of replacing him, probably wont be much to replace early on. AJ is the best deep threat due to his ability to grab those Dalton deep balls. Boyd is the best up and comer receiver on the team. LaFell is a solid veteran. And Eifert dominates the middle vertical threat. I think Core will be activated until Ross is back to use sparingly for his speed on the outside. And I can even see Erickson getting a handful of snaps in relief, as Erickson is a lock for the active gameday roster. I doubt Malone will be activated on gamedays, at least early on or unless injuries occur.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks" - Millhouse - 09-01-2017, 03:06 PM