Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them?
(08-11-2015, 12:01 PM)kevin Wrote: I could care less what the people in Steelers Country think. 

Only 4 teams have made the play-offs the last 4 seasons. Bengals, Broncos, Patriots, Packers. ....OK, Dalton hasn't won a play-off game yet, Anderson or Boomer never won a play-off game in their first 4 seasons either.  That we are doing something only Broncos, Patriots and Packers are doing tells me this team is on the right track, going in the right direction.

Whether we've made the playoffs in 4 straight seasons or not, people still refer to this team as the Bungles.

It happens. You saying it doesn't isn't really making the statement true. The perception is still there, and it absolutely happens outside of Pittsburgh as well, I was just using that as an example since I see it a lot more than usual living around here.

The media and a lot of fans will continue to take their jabs at the Bengals until we win a playoff game. We get more respect now than we did in the 90's, but that's not really saying much. Obviously a team that wins 9-11 regular season games each year is going to be looked at differently than the teams that are winning 2-4 each year, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and act like the entire perception of this organization has changed. We're still looked at as losers by a LOT of people, just a different, "better" kind of loser.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them? - djs7685 - 08-11-2015, 12:14 PM