Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The consequences of jail over treatment
It could be set up something like this, and this is for 18 years old and older. Under 18 years old they stay on the first offense until they are 18.

First offense, the offender gets treatment which will give him the tools and support to help themselves.
Second offense, the offender gets another dose of treatment along with a work program of the offenders choice in something meaningful and will maybe get him a job after.
Third offense, the offender goes to jail to work picking up garbage, chopping wood, whatever until the bill is paid for the first two programs.
Fourth offense, 5 years prison
Fifth offense, 10 years prison

You can only give a person so much help. I won't say most but will say many will clean up after the first offense and I think most will clean up after the second. Few will clean up after the third offense and if they make it to the fourth offense, they go to jail to protect them from themselves and hope they get it.

The fifth offense shows they don't care so you put them away for a while longer.

If they get out and offend again, I don't know what to do. Maybe 15 years?

Just spitballing here

Messages In This Thread
RE: The consequences of jail over treatment - Nebuchadnezzar - 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM