Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-01-2017, 05:13 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Absolutely false. He lead Division I in red zone TDs last year. He's a complete WR who also happens to have blazing speed. So much was made of his 40 time that I think people didn't take the time to actually scout this guy or learn anything about him. After the red zone woes of last year, there wasn't a better player in the draft to help that defficiency than Ross.

This guy is so much more than just a vertical threat. The comparisons to the severely overrated Chris Henry are laughable. If used for what he is, Ross has huge upside. If the plan is just to have him run go routes and be a decoy, he's a wasted pick.

I don't think it's too far fetched to think Ross would have been a late first/early 2nd round pick at all if he was a slower receiver. Heck even some of the experts projected him to be drafted around that time. If he's much slower with the injury history there is absolutely no reason to risk the 9th overall pick on a injury prone slow receiver of his size.

By the way I don't think Henry was overrated. He was an Idiot but he was a damn good receiver.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks" - TKUHL - 09-01-2017, 05:46 PM