Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-01-2017, 05:46 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't think it's too far fetched to think Ross would have been a late first/early 2nd round pick at all if he was a slower receiver. Heck even some of the experts projected him to be drafted around that time. If he's much slower with the injury history there is absolutely no reason to risk the 9th overall pick on a injury prone slow receiver of his size.

By the way I don't think Henry was overrated. He was an Idiot but he was a damn good receiver.

I guess. So much was made about his speed that I think that blinds people to his actual value and ability. This is strictly my opinion, but based off of production and play, he was the best receiver in the Draft. Good, not great size, plus hands, plus catch radius, plus route runner, plus playmaker, plus red zone target, the list goes on and on. He's a complete WR, but people strictly focus on his speed because that's all the media talked about. I think people are severely overlooking his talent by saying the only reason he went so early was his speed. He is so much more than just a speedster.

I've never seen a Bengals player as overrated as Chris Henry. Besides 2006, his numbers are exceptionally pedestrian. Even 2006 wasn't a big year. Henry was a 1 trick pony.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks" - muskiesfan - 09-01-2017, 06:00 PM