Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-01-2017, 10:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Jones was a fifth round pick. Most fans weren't expecting him to be good right out of the gate like a first rounder, so you don't really "notice" the missed games.

That may play into it, but I think most would admit that it isn't exactly fair. Either a player is good or he is not. Same with being injury prone. Tbh, I don't think where he was drafted plays into it all that much. At least not in the way you're suggesting. I do think a lot of people wanted a different player with the 9th pick, and when their player/position wasn't selected, they instantly looked for reasons to bash Ross.

Whether or not you like Ross, I think it's a bit early to judge (understatement). The double standards are also frustrating. Give the kid some time. He could turn out like Eifert...then I'd admit he's proven fragile. At this point it's just over eager folks wanting to talk about how right they were. It kinda looks silly to go there already, although as another said, I have one eyebrow up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks" - Shake n Blake - 09-01-2017, 11:44 PM