Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-01-2017, 11:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: What I don't like is this is the fourth straight season our first round pick is not on the field on Opening Day by dint of injury. Also of our first rounders the record on injury is pretty brutal - Og, Jackson, Dennard, Smith, Pollack and so on. We seem to be snakebitten in actually getting our first rounders on the field their rookie season.

Out of the last 6 drafts we had only 1 1st round pick play the first regular season game. It happens to be one of our most injury prone players, Eifert. That's part of the problem with this team. Guys are going to come and go via FA, trades, injuries. But a team that prides itself on building threw the draft as had some pretty bad luck and decisions. I know every player drafted high isn't going to be a great player or even a starter but it's getting to the point we're the guys we're bringing in are not filling the shoes very well of the players leaving. Or being brought up to speed fast enough. Is it coaching, just bad luck. Who knows but I think that's a big reason we are seeing a drop off talent wise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks" - TKUHL - 09-02-2017, 12:22 AM