Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The consequences of jail over treatment
(09-01-2017, 11:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness? It's an ideological difference. I'm not going to say your viewpoints are bad, I just don't agree with them. The base idea behind social programs is that they benefit society as a whole, and so funding them and putting efforts towards them improves society and therefore improves your own life as well. This isn't the conservative take on things, it's the liberal one.

I'm also not going to say we shouldn't cut them off at some point, because the entire point of this is for them to stand on their own. This is why society needs both viewpoints. We need to have people like me who can take things to a certain point, and then people that you who are going to be more willing to say "we have to cut this off somewhere, and here is where we should draw the line." Determining where to draw that line is where the compromise occurs. You know, how government is supposed to work.

It also costs a lot less to give them that for 2-4 years than it costs to incarcerate them for 10-15 years.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The consequences of jail over treatment - BmorePat87 - 09-02-2017, 11:29 AM