Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks"
(09-06-2017, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair point to bring up about last year. I was referring to his career as a whole. And clearly it doesn't matter now if he's actually flagged, he'll still draw suspensions for his hits, which IMO are worse than a 15-yard penalty here and there.

Vontaze is entering his 6th season. It's sad it's taken him so long to (possibly) start harnessing his aggressiveness. That should have been handled in his first couple years.

And to your last point, some fans (especially the old schoolers) may not like this move from physical football to what seems like the complete opposite end of the spectrum in the name of safety, but that's the way the NFL has been trending for quite a few years now. Players (and fans) will need to adapt or get out. The NFL won't revert back to what it used to be.

You're right, I agree, he's earned the label of being a dirty player, and also wondered why it took him so long to fix some of those issues. But he's an impact player/tone setter and you pretty much have to have those on your team. And like I said, if he gets better at it, it shows me he does truly care about what's best for him and the team. 

The safety thing is something I agree with but the way they go about it is laughable. They have zero consistency for said rules and they don't enforce them on every player. So I am jaded with them enforcing player safety, but only when it fits their special, ever changing criteria. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - John Ross out "a couple weeks" - Hoofhearted - 09-06-2017, 02:20 PM