Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop underestimating our receivers
(09-09-2017, 07:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals are not like old teams like the Raiders or even the Ravens who ike to chuck it 60 yards downfield 5 to 20 times a game.

If we run our offense well (balance run and pass) we likely need at most 3 to 5 five or seven step drops the entire game in my opinion. I bring it as the offense only played around  quarter in 3 of the preseason games and Eifert did play any or much at all.  healthy Eifert makes our offense a whole lot better

Balanced offense, I can agree with that.  However, the timing of the distribution of those runs/passes needs to be orchestrated in a savvy manner, and the execution of those rare deep strikes must be stellar, in order for the quick hit style of the WCO to be effective.  A big part of being able to have underneath stuff open, is having a defense respect your ability to go downfield on them.  So no, I don't agree with just 3-5 full drop backs per game being all that they will need.  I'm thinking around 8-12, depending upon success rate, and how the defense reacts after sustaining a few deep attempts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop underestimating our receivers - SunsetBengal - 09-09-2017, 07:41 PM