Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(08-11-2015, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People can't shop for doctors based on price.  It just doesn't work.  People need to see the same doctor for a continuity of treatment.  Plus a person often does not even know whet services he needs until he sees a doctor.

Plus I don't know what you consider "catostrophic".  Even a minor illness or injury can costs thousands of dollars.

Yes, I believe that everyone should have a regular doctor that they see at least once per year, but there's no way to regulate that, nor should they. 

Aside from that, in today's marketplace if someone that doesn't have insurance or a regular family doctor, it normally means a very expensive taxpayer-funded trip to the ER, or a trip to an urgent care that has limited hours and questionable reputations.

In my "scenario", everyone would have access to way more doctors with way more experience and the competition for the "sick visits" and the like would in fact drive the costs down. 

There is no competition now, because as I alluded to before, most doctors don't even know what they are charging an insurance company for a visit.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - jakefromstatefarm - 08-11-2015, 06:37 PM