Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure fire way to improve QB play this season
(08-12-2015, 02:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying McCown is going to be good or the Browns will do anything, but McCown had a 109 rating with 13 TDs to 1 INT in 8 games in 2013.  I'm saying if you are a Browns fan you may have a better chance convincing yourself that McCown is going to magically return to that than Johnny Fartball is going to be anything but a bust.

Re-tread veterans may not get fans hard, but it's easy for us to tell a HC to just toss some unprepared kid out there and just hope he succeeds against all odds and then if/when he doesn't expect the coach to say "Hey, he's young and stuff!" and that be enough to keep his job.

McCown had a crap line last year, that's no lie and I can understand why he had trouble last year, but expecting him to repeat his 2013 half year was too risky to begin with. Those 8 games were an anomaly for the journeyman more than anything. Not to mention the talent differential between the 2013 Bears offense and this year's Browns offense. 

Oh sure, Pettine probably loves having an experienced QB running the offense, like Hoyer last year, but can anyone realistically see McCown leading them to above .500? Probably not. So why have him starting when you could be playing the guy you traded up for to be your franchise QB, no matter how ridiculous it sounds in hindsight.

Throw him in the fire, because based on what we saw last year, they have absolutely nothing to lose. Except many games because Cleveland.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sure fire way to improve QB play this season - Stormborn - 08-12-2015, 02:14 AM