Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure fire way to improve QB play this season
(08-12-2015, 03:05 AM)Stormborn Wrote: For almost any other team I'd agree with that sensible logic, but it's that team.

We don't live in a league where it's ok to sit a first round QB for a year or two, the standards have been raised.

All I'm saying is neither QB is good enough to win enough games to clinch a playoff berth in this division, so if you're not playing in January, you don't want to be sitting with 6-8 wins with a pick probably outside of the top 10. That won't help them.

As a fellow Bengals fan you should understand that seasons that don't end in a Super Bowl or playoff success can still be pleasant and more importantly, that going 2-14 or so doesn't always mean you're going to get a sure-shot top pick who is going to turn the franchise around on a dime.

The thing is, I could probably make a pretty safe bet that 20 or more of the NFL teams this season are not going to win the Super Bowl, but that doesn't mean the answer for each team is to throw the youngest QB with the least experience out there and cross their fingers.  I mean, the Bengals have won 40 games in the past 4 years and have won 0 playoff games and won 0 Super Bowls but I can't honestly say many would feel like we wasted the opportunity to start 3-7 more QBs in addition to Andy to see if any of them were going to be better, right?

We didn't win the Super Bowl in 2014 and we didn't stink enough to get a top pick so if we could go back in time would we start that QB who threw up in preseason? You know, just in case we had a gem?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sure fire way to improve QB play this season - Nately120 - 08-12-2015, 03:38 AM