Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-14-2017, 05:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just don't see him as someone with any real principles. That's really it for me based upon what I have seen.

If you don't see Trump's behavior as different than what you describe, then I don't know what to tell you.

I support changing course with new information, as well. That being said, I don't see what Trump is doing as that. We will use the DACA situation as a perfect example. Trump has made factually inaccurate statements about the recipients of the program, even after being briefed on the program. If he was using new information and changing his mind, I wouldn't expect that.

What we are seeing is a man who values nothing but his popularity. We see other politicians (to tie this into Leonard's response as well) campaign on things and then pull back on them in office. A lot of that is new information for the newbies, but it is also playing the popularity game to get money and votes, and then hunkering down to govern and getting more pragmatic. It's a frustrating cycle, but it is the reality of our political system. What we see in Trump is a man who isn't willing to hunker down and govern. There is a reason he still does his campaign style rallies, because that is all he cares about. He doesn't know, nor does he want to learn, how to govern.

I get that you don't think he's principled I just don't get where it bothers you for him to sign into law something you agree with.  Would you rather he didn't?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall - michaelsean - 09-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Trump to cave on DACA? - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - hollodero - 09-14-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - GMDino - 09-14-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM