Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure fire way to improve QB play this season
(08-12-2015, 08:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I agree that we can't lump the 20 teams in the same group, but for a different reason. The Browns are one of the few teams in that 20 that actually have a very solid group of players, and there have been plenty of years over the past decade where they're seemingly just a QB away from being a legitimate contender. Don't forget that they've had a strong defense for just as long as we have, and they've had some good talent on offense including a great line, they just never seem to have anyone to get the ball around.

If you're a member of the coaching staff and you'd like to keep your job, it's probably smarter to play the mediocre journeyman over the "but what if!" young kid that has shown nothing but some of the worst QB play imaginable on the field.

I'll even admit that I was part of the "don't sleep on Johnny Eightball!" crowd when he was drafted. I can now admit that he should probably not be starting in the NFL. Your last statement, "Once they get to where we are, they won't be sitting a first rounder for a journeyman" would make a bit more sense if that first rounder wasn't awful. I don't care what round someone was drafted in, you don't put someone on the field that can't play whether they were taken #1 overall or #150.

Yeah like I said, Pettine would be more comfortable playing McCown because he's a more stable QB. That part makes sense. 

Any other division in the AFC and Cleveland maybe able to compete for a Wild Card spot with their roster and McCown, but not here. I simply don't see it.

Correct, you can't play someone who simply can't play, no matter if he's the driving force of your recent season ticket sales. But the end result won't be that much different if the guy sits anyways.

The main disconnect here is that we have different expectations for the Browns with McCown.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sure fire way to improve QB play this season - Stormborn - 08-12-2015, 01:53 PM