Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure fire way to improve QB play this season
(08-12-2015, 01:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yeah like I said, Pettine would be more comfortable playing McCown because he's a more stable QB. That part makes sense. 

Any other division in the AFC and Cleveland maybe able to compete for a Wild Card spot with their roster and McCown, but not here. I simply don't see it.

Correct, you can't play someone who simply can't play, no matter if he's the driving force of your recent season ticket sales. But the end result won't be that much different if the guy sits anyways.

The main disconnect here is that we have different expectations for the Browns with McCown.

Oh I'm still expecting them to be the Browns and find a way to screw things up, but at the end of the day, that team could make the playoffs if one of the QBs turns out to be even average. I'd put my money on McCown lucking into an average or better season before Manziel though, and that's where the basis of my opinion comes from.

It's not really a bold prediction by any means, but I feel that one of the Bengals, Ravens, or Steelers could easily have a surprisingly mediocre year. The AFCN could send 3 teams to the playoffs again and one could be the Browns if McCown isn't entirely awful and they don't end up testing the Manziel project more than they should.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sure fire way to improve QB play this season - djs7685 - 08-12-2015, 02:07 PM