Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure fire way to improve QB play this season
(08-12-2015, 01:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Ok, I'll end with this,

We both agree that McCown is a better QB option for the Browns to win more games than with Manziel. However you see the Browns possibly lucking in the playoffs with him starting and I just don't see it either way no matter who's starting. What I'm trying to say is that if my two likely options in a final record is 6-10 or 4-12 in a division that is already packed with playoff teams, I just don't see the point of going 6-10 and winning two more meaningless games, but it all comes down to whether you believe McCown gives them a legit shot at the playoffs, and I just don't. 

I don't believe McCown gives them a legit shot at the playoffs, but I have to assume if I were an NFL HC or GM I would want to win 2 more games (for the Browns that is an increase of 50-25% of wins) regardless of how boring the QB was.  It's easy for us to say "risk it and you'll either be good or win 2 games" when it isn't our job on the line.

With that being said, Josh McCown, Andy Dalton, and Nick Foles all had very good to stellar 2013's and disappointing, step-back 2014 seasons.  For some reason Bengals and Rams fans are just salivating at the prospect of those two to return to form and Josh McCown is seen as a huge waste of time.  That's because McCown is old, and if you are a QB over the age of 30 you had better be a top 5 QB without a doubt or you'll be seen as a wheel-spinning waste of time.  Keep in mind the Browns have been throwing raw 20-somethings into the fire for over a decade with absolutely no success, to boot.

Also, I can remember a time when just beating the Steelers was a victorious season (I'm looking at you 1998), so to act like no one likes going 8-8 is a bit off-base for a Bengals fan.  If the Browns go 8-8 with McCown and it's not in spite of the guy then I assure you they'll be on cloud nine...the poor saps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sure fire way to improve QB play this season - Nately120 - 08-12-2015, 03:41 PM