Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Declines to Release List of His Visitors at Mar-a-Lago
(09-16-2017, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Doke, I see I have been straightened out. What the President does at a Private resort should be public. 

I would argue the President is always working and he claimed to be working every time he went there. Whether or not the residence is private doesn't change his role as a public official. Just my take.

Quote:Seems I remember Obama fighting making the visitor logs public at the White House. I can only imagine the uproar from liberal groups.

This same group sued Obama and rightfully so. The link in the first post references it.

Quote:I have no problem if every visitor POTUS has is public knowledge; it just seemed ironic that a liberal group was pushing for this. Of course this is not the first thing that I have found ironic that others have not. I find it also surprising the folks on here that agree with my stance.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue. Transparency should be something everyone agrees on.  Like two of us said, there's a difference between a private citizen and a public official, which is why there, in my opinion, isn't any irony in a liberal group seeking this from the past two Presidents. 

This does open up a good debate though: Is the President ever a "private citizen" when in office?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Declines to Release List of His Visitors at Mar-a-Lago - BmorePat87 - 09-16-2017, 07:23 PM