Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-17-2017, 03:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: To go back, get the medical papers competed, background checks, and interview it is a month or two.    You aren't eligible for a green card until they come here on the visa.    

They can still contribute financially.   Most people do when they take a trip for a month or two.   They still pay rent, they still pay their bills, they still buy stuff on amazon.   My wife did so when she went back for 3 months.   She still contributed .   My client is still contributing when he goes to Juarez for his interview.    

The entire process is long but getting a legal visa then being able to apply for a work permit and green card is a fairly fast process.

My argument is that why does anyone get to skip all the steps that my wife and I had to do to be legal in this country?   And some have sat around for 18 years.... they could have been citizens by now.   The lack of motivation to follow the laws is troubling and should rightly raise numerous red flags.  I have zero personal feelings for them one way or the other.   I actually help people get their paperwork right who ask.

You're referencing a process that is possible because of DACA. Without it, you're barred from reentering for years if you try to go legal. 

The why this program exists is because the emphasis is on providing for people whose undocumented status was a result of their parents actions and not theirs. I see no lack of motivation to follow laws as you keep envisioning, just young people trying to find a way to make their dream happen.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall - BmorePat87 - 09-18-2017, 12:56 AM
Trump to cave on DACA? - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - hollodero - 09-14-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - GMDino - 09-14-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM