Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavily Taxed Norway, Has $1t Fund
(09-19-2017, 03:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  Weird.  And they are all better off because of it.

I mean plus the strong economy and lack of a super rich class and super poor class.  It's almost like a fair and open taxation system that was approved by the citizens themselves is better way to go.  Weird.

Because they're a resource rich country of 5m people made almost entirely of a singular culture, with extremely little population growth, who haven't been beset by governmental corruption (yet).

They're not really applicable to a US scale, which has 325m people (we grew by 6m in the last 7 years, .8m more than Norway's total pop), an enormous array of cultures, and tons of corruption.

Things that work on small scales don't always work on large scale. Communism is one of those. You'll note that the countries that have the most success with huge social programs and such are small countries.

Meanwhile you get bigger and more corruption seeps in and you get Venezuela.

- - - - - - - - -

I'm all for fair taxation, but I don't want heavy taxation. I have the ability to make life choices for myself, and I don't want someone telling me to give them all my money so they can decide what's best for me.

If that means we seriously cut back on services, so be it. There's a lot of fat you can cut off the meat that is the US government.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heavily Taxed Norway, Has $1t Fund - TheLeonardLeap - 09-19-2017, 05:55 PM